The Adult College for Rural East Sussex (ACRES) manages the adult learning programme in Hailsham, Heathfield and Uplands Community Colleges, and Uckfield Community Technology College. It serves the rural area of East Sussex and provides courses in Crowborough, Hailsham, Uckfield and Wadhurst and their surrounding areas.
The management of the College is overseen by a Board made up of the Principals of the Community Colleges and a representative of East Sussex County Council.
ACRES’ Mission is to enable the delivery of high quality adult learning opportunities which reflect the differing needs of the individuals and communities we serve.
ACRES aims to be recognised as a successful and responsive facilitator of excellent adult learning opportunities for the rural area of East Sussex.
In support of our mission our core values which we aim to adhere to are:
- Respecting and valuing all learners and staff equally.
- Supporting all learners in achieving their personal learning goals.
- Ensuring that ACRES delivers its strategy by putting the needs of the learners at the centre of all we do.
- Achieving and maintaining consistently high and professional standards in our provision.
- Maintaining an open, honest, accountable and fair approach in all our communications and dealings with staff, learners, partners and shareholders.
- Nurturing and developing partnerships within our communities to widen access to adult learning opportunities, which enable people and communities to grow and flourish.
- To contribute to sustainability by identifying and implementing new ways of making efficient and effective use of resources.
ACRES received an Ofsted Inspection in February 2013 and the full report can be accessed by clicking here.